[Systems] OLE Nepal Site Down

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jul 19 10:58:56 EDT 2015

+systems

On 19/07/15 07:59, Rabi Karmacharya wrote:
> Hey Bernie.
>
> Sugarlabs site is down as well. Hope our site will be up soon. My friend
> is competing in the NYC triathlon today (Sunday morning there), and he
> has volunteers distributing flyers at the event asking for people to
> donate in our campaign. It will be a pity if potential contributors
> cannot access our website. :-(

Fixed it. This is the second time our web server experiences hickups in
a week.

I found 4 apache processes spinning with 100% cpu usage and nothing
obvious in the logs to explain it. The rogue processes had to be killed
with 'kill -9' (a simple apache restart wouldn't suffice).

We're working to move some of sunjammer's services to newer machines and
docker containers, but it might take some time because I'm very busy
with work. Upgrading sunjammer to a recent version of Ubuntu is another
option, but it will be a tricky upgrade.

  \X/  http://codewiz.org