[Systems] Link Removal Request - Heritagebuildings.com

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu Jul 16 15:12:39 EDT 2015

El jue, 16 de jul 2015 a las 10:59 AM, Bradley M. Kuhn
<bkuhn at sfconservancy.org> escribió:
> Regarding "Link Removal Requests":
>
> Bernie Innocenti wrote at 12:42 (PDT) on Wednesday:
>>  While they sound super polite and professional, these are likeley
>> the
>>  same spammers who added those links in the first place :-)
>>
>>  From what I'm concerned, they can go to hell. I'm not going to help
>>  them clean the links.
>
> I agree that Bernie is likely right, especially given that Google's
> Penguin is getting better at finding these sorts of thing.
>
> *However*, it seems to me there is a lot of spam floating around the
> Sugar Wiki.  Perhaps it would make sense to implement more general
> anti-spam measures there?

The spam has accumulated in the neglected local labs wikis.
Only Peru wiki is maintained.

I wrote a script to migrate valid wikitext from Mediawiki and used it
to migrate the pe.sugarlabs.org to a different wiki system.
I will be using it to scrap non-spam from Argentina, Chile and Colombia
wikis and put it in a single spanish-language wiki.

This was agreed with the local labs volunteers.

In the meantime, unmaintained wikis have been put in read-only mode
since a couple of weeks ago.

Regards,
Sebastian