[Systems] [SOLVED] Wiki Cpatcha Mixed Content

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Tue Dec 8 04:50:40 EST 2015

Hi All,

I've seen 2 reports today from different people.  Both said that the they
were editing pages and tried to save.  Then it asked them for a capacha.
The capacha did not show.

It resulted in a mixed content warning, from irc "Mixed Content: The page
at 'https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=User:Vipulroxx&action=submit'
was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script '
http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=6LdovO0SAAAAAPupz6Uw8oyFXOlPdql0hTMTVhxP'.
This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
load.php?debug=false&lang=en&modules=jquery%2Cmediawiki&only=scripts&skin=vector&version=20151208T0…:156
Uncaught"

I didn't test over http, because the wiki now forces https (good thing!).

I edited extensions/ConfirmEdit/ReCaptcha.class.php.  It has a $useHttps
variable which I just forced to be true.  There is probably a better fix,
but I can't think right now sorry.  I'll have a look again later.

Thanks,
Sam