[Systems] sunjammer backups

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 6 17:32:17 EDT 2015

On 04/06/2015 02:47 AM, Roberto Rodriguez Alcala wrote:
> I've found /backup/tmp/sunjammer.sl <http://sunjammer.sl> created
> yesterday and taking 67% of the disk.

Last Sunday I noticed that sunjammer's usual backup host (housetree) was
down and tried to spin a backup on justice overnight. I should have
checked the disk space first.

> To avoid stepping over some else work, I'm moving MAME_0.151_ROMs.zip
> (43gb) to freedom to go thru the night.
>
> If you're the owner and want that file back or removed, feel free to
> ping me.

Thank you, the file was mine, but it's recoverable data, since it's
distributed by the Internet Archive [1]. I parked it there because I
didn't have enough space on my laptop.

Alas, even with 43GB more disk space we're short. sunjammer's
filesystems total about 500GB, of which we backup about 400GB. I
excluded databases (which are dumped daily), caches and other files that
can be reconstructed easily.

Still, we need at least 800GB to backup sunjammer with 30 days of
history and we don't have that much anywhere. I asked the FSF if they
could give us the space, and I asked dogi to pull the old backup drives
from housetree so we can put them back online.

[1] https://archive.org/details/MAME_0.151_ROMs :-)

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team