[Systems] new pootle instance

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 12 19:28:07 EDT 2014

Yesterday I gave Tincho root access to newpootle and some pointers to
the existing documentation. What remains to be done to restore Pootle is:

1. Upgrade the base OS to Ubuntu 14.04 (should take less than 1hr and I
can offer to do it this week-end)

2. Upgrade or reinstall the Pootle instance to the latest version

3. Resync all data from the last backup of the old instance (this may
require migrating the database, good luck)

4. Integration with github (this is where most Pootle sysadmins seem to
get stuck, but I don't know the details).

5. VERY IMPORTANT: update and consolidate the documentation in the wiki
so the next time someone needs to touch Pootle it won't be as hard.

As always, I'm keen to help anyone who wants to maintain Pootle in the
long term, but I'd rather stay away from it.

  \X/  http://codewiz.org