[Systems] Accidental freedom.sugarlabs.org reboot

Stefan Unterhauser dogi at sugarlabs.org
Sun Feb 16 17:58:03 EST 2014

:(

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> +dogi
>
> On 02/16/2014 08:51 AM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have accidentally reboot freedom.sugarlabs.org

also called freedom.treehouse.su
... too bad it was running for record uptime ...
bernie: do we have a link our uptime list?

http://munin.treehouse.su/gar/DOMs/freedom.treehouse.su/memory.html
as you can see freedom got rebooted last time mid of march because of power
outage ... lost some RAM there but came back ...

what are you working on that you have to be in root on freedom?
/me is just curious ;) maybe I can help ... just ping me on IRC or
http://chat.treehouse.su?channels=treehouse&nick=

> <http://freedom.sugarlabs.org> thinking my shell was in one of the VM.

Please don't do that again ;)
Please also if something similar happens with "freedom" ping me at least in
IRC ... it saves me time ...
better would be to just call me 617 I GO DOGI so that I can bring downtime
to systems to the minimum

> > I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. I noticed several VM
> > restarted automatically but not all of them
>
> ups
that is why normally we reboot in a controlled way :P

> Freedom shouldn't have any user-facing production services.
>
> mister you mean for sugarlabs ;)

> >   1 infragram            running
> >   2 owncloud             running
> >   3 nicole               running
> >   4 template-wheezy      running
>
> Looks like this one shouldn't be autostart, dogi?

nope this is fine

> >   5 rickshaw             running
> >   6 plots                running
> >   7 spectralwb           running
> >   8 replicator           running
> >   9 plots2               running
> >  10 buildslave-i386      running
> >  11 buildslave-x86_64    running
> >   - honey                shut off

+1

> >   - jerry                shut off

+1

> >   - ole2                 shut off
> >   - pad                  shut off

+1

> >   - teachermate          shut off

+1

> >   - teachermates         shut off
> >   - template-squeeze     shut off
> >
> > I'm not sure if the one which are off are supposed to be running.
>
> dont worry will fix that ...
think I have aslo to fix my cloning scripts (tought I had already done that)

4 errors since last time ... bad dogi bad dogi
good that all the other services seam to be back automagically

> As far as I can remember, all these VMs belong to dogi except for your
> buildslaves.
>
> dogi & publiclab.org

cu
dogi