[Systems] CPU usage spikes caused by aggressive buildbot

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Apr 3 13:16:07 EDT 2014

On 04/03/14 12:28, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> Hey,
>
> unfortunately there seem to be no easy way to deal with this. How much
> of an issue is it? I don't currently have time to look into it and I
> might not have for at least a few days. If it is urgent to stop it I
> will have to turn off commit triggered builds and leave only the daily
> one running. Please let me know.

We could shut up the alarms, but this makes the machine very slow for
about 4 hours during peak time.

A few ideas to mitigate the issue:
1. schedule the build during night hours (where is this configured?)
2. run the whole thing under nice & ionice (where is it being started?)
3. run 'git gc' periodically (assuming it's a repo fragmentation issue)

 \X/  http://codewiz.org