[Systems] ip of the buildslave

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jan 14 15:26:50 EST 2013

(let's cc system@ for this traffic, so everyone knows what's going on)

On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 09:36 +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> To answer your question in irc, I haven't done anything special which
> I guess means libvirt dhcp is assigning the ip to them. To access them
> from outside I'm just tunneling to freedom and using the avahi
> assigned name.
>
> I had this setup on bender because it was not possible to get ipv4
> addresses and ipv6 wasn't quite working. It's also nice that no setup
> is involved (trying to keep setting up a slave as easy as possible).
>
> How do we usually setup ip for the virtual machines?

Using a local net + tunnel or nat is fine for the buildslaves, but we
don't have to. There's a block of 19 static IPv4 addresses allocated for
us by the Media Lab. It's documented in pretty obscure place: the
sugarlabs.org zone file which is in a git repo on our master nameserver
lightwave. For more info:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/Nameservers

If it works well for you, I think we could continue using the private
network to save IPs for public-facing machines.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team