[Systems] Fwd: Turtle Web

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 23 15:48:26 EDT 2013

Adding systems@ to this thread to keep everyone in the loop.

On 08/23/2013 10:36 AM, Claudia Urrea wrote:
> Hi Bernie,
>
> This is the only email address I have for you... so I am sending you the
> link to the files and DB for the website.  We need to setup and test in
> order to send the feedback to the programmer.
>
> I also have the file with all the text that should go into the page, as
> we took the Scratch site as the example to send the programmer.
>
> Let me know if you can help with this.

So I looked at the content. From our earlier discussion on #sugar, it
sounded like it would be almost a static site requiring no maintenance.

After examining the files, it looks like the site is built by combining
several different web applications (phpBB3, phpmyadmin, and others I
couldn't identify). There should also be a database, but I couldn't find
it in the archive.

Deploying it without instructions would take me more time than I can
afford currently. I could offer to guide the site developer or someone
else who volunteers to deploy the application on our servers and
maintain it for as long as needed.

Alternatively: can we convert the demo site at
http://www.kuepa.com/escuela/turtle1 into a production site? Where is it
running? How much traffic do we expect? I can easily point a
sugarlabs.org subdomain to any machine as long as I can coordinate with
the owner.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team