[Systems] [Systems-logs] SMART error (CurrentPendingSector) detected on host: housetree.sugarlabs.org

Roberto Rodriguez Alcala rralcala at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 04:49:51 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> On 08/15/2013 07:33 PM, Roberto Rodriguez Alcala wrote:
> > I've moved zatoichi to justice.
> >
> > Please take down the instance on housetree (I've changed the ip of it to
> > 18.85.44.73 which is being used at the moment, and shut it off).
>
> I've shutdown zatoichi on housetree and updated the sugarlabs zone to
> record the new IP.

Thank you, but just remember that the instance can be removed anytime and
the IP freed for someone else.
(To be on the safe side: .66 points now to the new and active zatoichi and
.73 points the old, deprecated one and can be freed) :)

> > Over the weekend I'll upgrade mediawiki and verify that everything else
> > is working fine.
>
> Thanks. I'd also recommend moving the wiki and website to either amnesia
> or mothership, to reduce the number of machines you guys need to
> maintain for Paraguay Educa.  If you'd rather keep using zatoichi, maybe
> upgrade it to Precise.

Given that external webmasters and scs have access there, do you mind if I
create a small instance for zatoichi to concentrate the web services there.
I agree with you and I'd like to merge amnesia and zatoichi but if
inventario is going to be there, I also think that inventario and external
webmasters don't mix well.

> > BTW, backup seems to be pointing to owl.laptop.org
> > <http://owl.laptop.org>, should that be moved?
>
> owl.laptop.org is not going away anytime soon, but you may want to
> switch to the wizbackup thingie if you want to keep zatoichi.

I'll leave it the way it is for now if you don't mind, just to avoid
overcommitment for the weekend.

> --
> Bernie Innocenti
> Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team