[Systems] [Systems-logs] SMART error (CurrentPendingSector) detected on host: housetree.sugarlabs.org

Roberto Rodriguez Alcala rralcala at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 19:33:01 EDT 2013

I've moved zatoichi to justice.

Please take down the instance on housetree (I've changed the ip of it to
18.85.44.73 which is being used at the moment, and shut it off).

Over the weekend I'll upgrade mediawiki and verify that everything else is
working fine.

BTW, backup seems to be pointing to owl.laptop.org, should that be moved?

Best,

Roberto

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> Oh shit...
>
> On 08/15/2013 03:04 PM, root wrote:
> > This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:
> >
> >    host name: housetree.sugarlabs.org
> >   DNS domain: sugarlabs.org
> >   NIS domain: (none)
> >
> > The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
> >
> > Device: /dev/sda [SAT], 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
> >

> > For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/syslog).
> >
> > You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
> > No additional email messages about this problem will be sent.

>  _ // Bernie Innocenti
>  \X/  http://codewiz.org

Roberto Rodríguez Alcalá