[Systems] [Sugar-devel] Help the sugarlabs wiki is being spammed with new user creation.

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:41:48 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org
> wrote:

> Hi,
> As was done for Local Labs wikis, suggested by Kristian Paul from
> Colombia, I've added ReCaptcha filter
> for new user creation to the Wiki.
> Hopefully this will help with the spam problem.
> Thanks!
>
> El 26/04/13 03:57, Thomas Gilliard escribió:
>
>> Fred:
>>
>> Yesterday bernie opened up the new user creation filter.
>>
>> The wiki is being badly spammed .
>>
>> Can you turn it off?
>>
>> Help
>>
>> Tom Gilliard
>> satellit

Could those who modified the configuration for the main Sugar Labs wiki,
wiki.sugarlabs.org, please document all the recent changes here by date and
time, so we can understand the effects of this experiment.

The main wiki did not have a spam problem before 11:18, 25 April 2013, as
recorded in the user creation log,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Special:Log/newusers&offset=20130425232746&type=newusers&user=

Thank you,              --Fred