[Systems] Sugar Labs SSL certificate status (was Re: Wildcard SSL certificate status with Gandi.net)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 16 23:15:49 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 12:01 -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> > I wrote on 24 September:
> >> I haven't heard back from Gandi still on the SSL wildcard cert
> >> questions.  However, before I ping on the ticket again, I wanted to
> >> verify ... that you still get an "empty" SSL cert when you attempt
> >> the download link for *.sugarlabs.org.  Since I'm not the technical
> >> contact, I can't see that link to test in Conservancy's Gandi
> >> account.
> >> Once you verify that the cert is still blank, I'll ping Gandi on the
> >> ticket again.
>
> I wrote on Friday,  5 October:
> > I didn't see a response to this email quoted above.  Is the cert still
> > blank in your interface?  Once I get a response from on that, I can
> > open another ticket with Gandi.
>
> I just want to remind everyone on this thread that Conservancy is
> currently blocking on Sugar Labs to resolve this issue for you.  Let me
> know if there is something Conservancy can do to help here.

I tried downloading the certificate one more time today and this is what
I got for *.sugarlabs.org:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

There's another certificate for wiki.sugarlabs.org, also empty.

Can I try purchasing the certificate myself and try to get it charged to
the SFC account?

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team