[Systems] Fwd: [Translate-devel] Improvements for Amagama

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Oct 14 21:37:35 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 17:12 -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Query about our server capacity.
>
> Aside from the issue of getting SFC to agree that translate.org is a
> suitable guest (open source, etc.) on our infrastructure, would we
> potentially have sufficient bandwidth, cycles and storage to offer
> some hosting to parts of the Amagamma Translation Memory server  (or a
> mirror) for Virtaal and Pootle?

We'll soon have lots of extra capacity, but sysadmin time is as scarce
as ever. Perhaps we could host a bulk VM for them if they do promise to
take good care of it, including security updates and backups.

Could you please put us in contact with their systems administrator to
discuss in details how much capacity would be needed to run this
service?

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team