[Systems] Confusing emails about my account

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Dec 16 11:32:30 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 11:04 +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got a "password expiring in 2 days" email from sunjammer. It asks me
> to reset my password, which requires knowing the old password. As far
> as I remember (and I checked my archived email) I never had such a
> password, I always logged in using the ssh key I sent with my account
> request.

You should have received a temporary password inside your welcome email,
when your account was created. The email also invited you to change it.

> I suppose I could send a request to reset the password but something
> seems wrong with the process (and I lost my GPG key, and setting up an
> email client just to send this email is really annoying :P). Perhaps
> I'm missing something.

If you can't find the email I'm talking about, we'll find a way to
identify you. For example, you could ssh on sunjammer and start a talk
session with me.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team