[Systems] Fwd: wiki.sugarlabs.org seem to not allow edits to be saved, or files uploaded

Gary C Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:50:00 EDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
> Subject: wiki.sugarlabs.org seem to not allow edits to be saved, or files uploaded
> Date: 6 August 2012 15:57:18 BST
> To: webmaster at sugarlabs.org
>
> Hi guys,
>
> As the subject says wiki.sugarlabs.org seem to not be allowing edits to be saved, or files uploaded. I noticed it yesterday (Sunday) but thought it might be a temporary glitch. If I try to edit a page, I get back a blank edit view and blank preview with the error:
>
>    "Some parts of the edit form did not reach the server; double-check that your edits are intact and try again."
>
> If I try to upload a file it seems to progress a little way, and then times out.
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

I briefly caught up with Bernie on IRC, he can edit pages fine. I can also edit the sandbox page fine:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Sandbox

So seems something local to me only, apologies for raising the alarm.

FWIW: I've tried logging out and in again to the wiki (username garycmartin); Chrome failed the same way; Firefox failed but asked me to download two zero size index.php files after I made a trivial test edit. I've just switched over to an XO-1.75 with Browse and have been able to wiki edit there with my account! I'm going to hard power cycle my main machine (Mountain Lion) and see if that gets me further.

Regards,
--Gary