[Systems] Gandi support status for AAAA and DNSSEC

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 3 16:38:12 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 11:20 -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

> http://wiki.gandi.net/en/hosting/gandi-expert/manage-ipv6
> http://en.gandi.net/domain/zones
>
> both seem to indicate that IPv6 glue records are also supported.

Cool!

> >> Sadly, Gandi still says in the panel:
> >> So, they support it only as a secondary DNS server.  They have no way to
> >> host it themselves:
> >>   http://www.gandibar.net/post/2012/03/02/DNSSEC-at-Gandi
>
> > We do maintain our own DNSSEC keys and sign the zones ourselves.
>
> Ok, so does what Gandi say above (and below) give you enough that you
> would have what we need?

I thought .org was not yet supported, but then I noticed this line:

  Update (08/03/2012): DNSSEC is now available for .ORG

Ok, so there seem to be no blockers left. Let's try transferring
sugarlabs.net first to see how it goes.

How should we proceed? My existing Gandi NIC handle is BI488-GANDI.
Should I transfer the domains to it, or to another NIC provided by the
SFC?

> So,
> http://twitter.com/silentlennie/status/203128171544064001
>
> which links to
> http://doc.rpc.gandi.net/domain/reference.html#domain.dnssec.create
>
> seems to indicate Gandi handles this.  Is that correct?  I admit this is
> not something I know much about.  I'm not clueless on this stuff, but I
> only know basically how DNSSEC works.

Yes, but the API is for resellers who build their own interface. We need
Gandi to expose this in their web UI for us... which they seem to have
done.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team