[Systems] Fwd: Gandi donates large amount of account credit to Conservancy for VPS's, domain registration, and SSL certificates

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Wed Aug 1 08:09:39 EDT 2012

Bernie Innocenti wrote at 13:18 (EDT) on Sunday:
> I just noticed that 4 of our StartSSL certificates expired yesterday.
> Could you please get us the new certificate from Gandi as soon as
> possible?

I attempted to do this just now.  Unfortunately, Gandi appears not to
allow creation of an SSL certificate for a domain name that isn't under
the control of the account attempting to create it.

However perhaps it would make sense to move sugarlabs.org to
Conservancy's account at Gandi?  This would save the annual fees
associated with the domain name, and would allow for the creation of the
SSL certificates, which would also be paid for as part of the Gandi
donation.

Do the SLOBs want to do this?  If so, Bernie, send me the auth code for
transfer from Name.com, and I'll initiate the transfer.

> If possible, get a certificate valid for 3 or 5 years.

It looks like 3 years is the max for Gandi.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy