[Systems] Alert: Broken SL.O wiki (was Re: Fixed pe.sugarlabs.org (other local labs will require same fix most likely))

Frederick Grose fgrose at sugarlabs.org
Sat Apr 21 10:20:59 EDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at somosazucar.org
> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:25:30 -0500
> Sebastian Silva <sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
>
> > BTW I didn't touch anything but now I can't see wiki.sl.org's sidebar
> > and top bar in Firefox (but they do show in Chromium).
> > Wierd...
>
> Actually indepentendtly of the browser, I get no sidebar or top bar when
> I'm logged into the wiki.
>
> Log into http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/ to reproduce.
>
> This does not happen with the Peru local labs wiki.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Sebastian Silva <sebastian at somosazucar.org>

Confirmed that the Shikiwiki and Nostalgia skins fail to show the sidebar.
Shikiwiki also fails to show the personal navigation bar at the top.

>From this September 2010 thread,
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/private/systems/2010-September/002387.html
is this discussion:

 According to
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skin_configuration#Set_a_Default_Skin_for_a_Wiki
>
> To change all existing users' skin settings, use the userOptions.php
> maintenance script. The syntax to use on the command line would be:
>
> $ php userOptions.php skin --old <old skin name> --new <new skin name>
>
> Example:
>
> $ php userOptions.php skin --old "shikiwiki" --new "vector"
>
> But since ShikiWiki is currently working in MediaWiki 1.16 r71885, I would
> keep it as an option for people to choose.  At the point in time that it
> fails, we can decide to rebase it on the Vector code, decommission it, or
> leave it for a upgrade project for any interested party.

 Skins may also be suppressed:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skin_configuration#Suppression_of_Skins

         --Fred