[Systems] munin.sl.org updated to version 2.0-beta4-1

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 28 10:58:25 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 08:39 +0100, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 19:46 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 19:37 +0100, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > as per suggested by Bernie and after some testing in
> > > serendipity.sugarlabs.org I updated munin (and munin-common) on
> > > Sunjammer. As a result, we now have shiny new UI experience and it also
> > > feels (a bit) faster.
> > >
> > > Let me know how munin is working for monitoring the services you care
> > > about.
> >
> > All graphs for sunjammer seem to have stopped updating a few hours ago:
> >
> >   http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sugarlabs.org/sunjammer.sugarlabs.org/index.html
> >
> > Could someone please investigate?
>
> They are now working again, thanks for spotting this. munin-node wasn't
> update to 2.0beta4 and the old 1.4.4 version didn't play out well with
> the new munin-common package. Didn't look very deep into it tbh, I just
> updated munin-node to the new version and all started working again.

Ah, yes... two versions of munin don't mix up well on the same machine,
because most of the code lives in the system perl path. I've already
been hit by this :-)

> I guess we might as well update all our nodes?

This particular problem only exists on the master. I don't mind
upgrading the other nodes for the sake of uniformity. There might be
some new plugins that we'd like to have.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org