[Systems] [Zero-install-devel] Sweets, Zero Install based Package Management System

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Sun Oct 30 22:32:02 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 09:59:44PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 13:25 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> > > No objections from me, I'm glad there's synergy on our mutual goals.
> > >
> > > One caveat: Sugar Labs is being kindly hosted by the Free Software
> > > Foundation. We have agreed that we'd not use their infrastructure to
> > > run, distribute or advertise non-free software.
> >
> > Thats the part of SL's OBS policy
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Open_Build_System/Policy
>
> Do we have to be so restrictive (no violent, sexual, subversive content)
> even for packages that won't be distributed through
> activities.sugarlabs.org?
>
> The Zeroconf developers might legitimately want to package software and
> content targeted at adults (e.g. OpenArena).

btw, I abs. didn't think that OpenArena/Doom/etc is an inappropriate
content :)

But we definitely need to make it more clear, e.g., there is
non-children content that OBS can't handle for sure..

Or we can exclude this police topic at all and rely on people saneness.
It shouldn't be a problem because OBS's content, most likely, won't be
listed on Activities Library automatically and will go though editors'
filtering.

--
Aleksey