[Systems] lingva channel restriction

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Wed Oct 26 16:08:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:58:28PM -0400, Stefan Unterhauser wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Aleksey Lim
> <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 02:02:40PM -0400, Stefan Unterhauser wrote:
> >> Hi alsroot,
> >>

> >> <dogi> lingvo join #treehouse en
> >> <meeting> Error: Channel "#treehouse" cannot be translated, request it
> >> using meeting at sugarlabs.org contact, permitted channels are
> >> #olpc-help, #fedora-olpc, #sugar-newbies, #squeak, #sugar-meeting,
> >> #ALMTEMtem, #meeting-test, #etoys, #ubuntu-us-dc, #olpc-paraguay,
> >> #sugar, #dextrose, #ubuntu-sugarteam
> >>

> >> what is wrong here?
> >> I was once able to do this ...
> >
> > The reason for not allowing translation by default is saving resources,
> > translation is happanning by using google api.
>
> hmmm
> do we have limits there?
> or are there other g+oogle related problems

jita is getting 403 error:

    Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors

It seems we don't abuse TOS

    http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/terms.html

but we need to provide final user ip with every request (in userip url
paremeter).

Any ideas how to get this from irc server?

--
Aleksey