[Systems] Apache offline

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Oct 3 23:26:11 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 19:04 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> I did, it seems to be apache, at 2011/10/03  04:12:16, there were
> 440 Apache process and 56.7G of RSIZE. That was also a peak of ASLO
> visits. For now there is MaxClients=512, maybe we need to make it lower
> or there is a away how to minimize memory per client?

512 should be fine for a machine with 16GB of RAM: it means an average
of 32MB of unshared memory per request. Most requests are static
content, and most php applications use under 64MB per request under
normal conditions.

We could try lowering MaxClients to 256, but I suspect the problem was
elsewhere.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team