[Systems] SL Central Login (was Re: [Systems-logs] [DNS] Sugar Labs DNS zone data branch, master, updated. 8f472af67a1177a9644675b1fd2c2af7dff2e77a)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-4 at silbe.org
Sat Oct 1 09:50:06 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Aleksey Lim's message of 2011-09-20 14:42:47 +0200:

> * to have LDAP record, people need to request for shell account (but
>   there is no need in shell account for Sweets at all, only being
>   authenticated)

There's no reason for the LDAP entity that backs the central login
service to have shell access on any of our systems - at least not by
default.

> * the process to create this account is not users friendly at all
>   (email request to RT)

The central login service should just create the LDAP entity for a new
user. If we integrate it with the shell accounts (which I think is a
good idea), users would first register with the central login service
and request a shell account giving their account name of the central
login service.

> I guess we need to collect all info related to central login on, e.g., [2]
> and have an infrastructure meeting to discuss how [2] might be
> implemented.

I'm sorry, but I most likely won't have time to participate in such a
meeting in the near future since I'm working on this in my rather
sparse spare time. However I'll try to answer emails (like I'm doing
now) as time permits to explain what I'm up to.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/