[Systems] [Systems-logs] [DNS] Sugar Labs DNS zone data branch, master, updated. 8f472af67a1177a9644675b1fd2c2af7dff2e77a

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-4 at silbe.org
Sat Oct 1 09:41:31 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of 2011-09-20 03:44:12 +0200:

> 1. will this OpenID server also authenticate users against LDAP? Or CAS?
> I think we  we should try to consolidate on fewer users' databases as
> possible.

It does use LDAP and the instance [2] running on sunjammer even uses the
SL LDAP server. My next step would have been either trying to set up a
slave LDAP server on identity or using the master server directly.

> 2. Couldn't we allocate an extra IP on sunjammer?

I've asked you that before and you said it isn't possible. Has anything
changed since then?

> 3. Does the OpenID server support you intend to deploy support multiple
> domains? I currently use both id.sugarlabs.org and id.codewiz.org.

I haven't tried, but a quick scan of the code [1] (it's been a while since I
wrote it) showed no obvious problem spots. However it doesn't support
virtual hosting, i.e. the set of users is the same for both domains. If
you don't want foo at sugarlabs.org to also have own the account
foo at codewiz.org, you'd need to set up a separate instance with its own
database and manage your account on both instances. Or you could
implement virtual hosting and send me the patch. ;)

Sascha

[1] https://git.sugarlabs.org/identity-aggregator/identity-aggregator/blobs/master/application.py
[2] https://ssl-test.sugarlabs.org/
--