[Systems] [IAEP] Multi-lingual relaying on Sugar IRC channles is stopped

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Tue Nov 1 09:15:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 08:57:26AM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Another possible option is to look into what kind of API might be available
> to Microsoft Translator
>
> http://www.microsofttranslator.com/
>
> I know there must be something as this is called and used as a source of
> suggestions by Virtaal ( a PO editor produced by the makers of Pootle).
>
> fwolff over on #pootle might have some more info on how he implemented this
> in code.

I'm writing in PM because don't want to take part in free-as-a-speech
vs. free-as-a-beer discussion. But my another reason to not following
another free-as-a-beer solution is that most likely, the original
purpose of Sugar (literally) has much less meaning than possible
success in joining several free-as-a-speech communities in a synergy,
i.e., here Sugar and Apertium. Using another, free-as-a-beer,
translation API will be less useful in that case.

--
Aleksey