[Systems] Widgets (was: Mediawiki updated)

Frederick Grose fgrose at sugarlabs.org
Mon May 16 23:20:33 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 19:54 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:
> > On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Bernie Innocenti
> > <bernie at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> >         I've updated Mediawiki to 1.16.5 on all our wikis.

{...}

 BTW, which pages are using the Widgets extension?

These are the Widgets we currently use:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&prefix=&namespace=274

They are good for embedding video, such as on the 'Videos' section of
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Getting_Started

We also make good use of the Iframe widget on that same page to embed the
FLOSS Manuals, Sugar Learners manual (in the [show ▼] dropdown).

Could we get rid of it

for the sake of keeping our Mediawiki instance lean and clean?

I wouldn't, for the sake of the mean presentation capability.

        --Fred