[Systems] Commit archive list

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Thu Mar 31 03:37:09 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Sun Mar 27 22:20:02 +0200 2011:

> > http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/commits/
> >
> > My interest in it has to do with tracking Pootle's commits.
>
> Would the RSS feeds on Gitorious work for you?

I'd prefer immediate notifications over regular polling. However, a
single mailing list would probably either get too crowded or lack some
of the packages I'm interested in.

> You can also put a star on projects you wish to follow, and you'll
> receive an email for each commit.

It's a start, but not enough. The most important missing piece is a diff
for each commit. As for the format, I'd prefer something similar to a
patch series. I.e. a mail for the push and a single mail in
git-sendemail format for each commit, with In-Reply-To: set to the
Message-ID of the push notification. That's just my personal preference,
of course - maybe others would like a different format.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/