[Systems] https://ldap.sugarlabs.org/passwd

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Mar 7 22:06:23 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 11:34 +0000, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:

> For the time  being I modified passwd.php so that we avoid passing
> shadowMax and shadowLastChange attributes in that dictionary. Its a
> temporal hack so passwords can be changed but not a definitive solution.
> I'll keep playing with this until I can make this work again.

Oh, I think I figured it out now!

Authenticated users are only allowed to edit userPassword and
shadowLastChange. But not shadowMax!

The old value of shadowMax was 180 for all users, which resulted in no
change to the field. Recently, I changed shadowMax to 99999 on all users
to disable password expiration. This accidentally broke the form.

This explanation sounds so good that I'm not even bothering to verify if
it's correct ;-)