[Systems] [haakon.eriksen at far.no: Fram - a suggestion for bringing kids to Sugar-programming]

Haakon Meland Eriksen haakon.eriksen at far.no
Sat Jun 25 18:09:27 EDT 2011

Lørdag 25. juni 2011 00.38.37 skrev Aleksey Lim :
> Forward to systems@
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:46:59PM +0200, Haakon Meland Eriksen wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > If you decide to use Fram, which we use in GNU Telephony, you need to
> > know that syntax high-lighting is provided by the excellent
> > SyntaxHighlight_Geshi extension, and that the <source> tag is deprecated
> > in favour for <syntaxhighlight>. XML uses <source> sometimes, so this
> > avoids conflicts.
> >
> > The second thing you need to know, is that Fram works well, but it is
> > missing some important features. These are planned, and if you are a PHP
> > developer with some spare time it shouldn't be difficult to complete.
> > This is outlined at
> >
> > http://far.no/fram/fram2.php
> >
> > Teachers and kids need to know that the code blocks must be in order to
> > concatenate correctly - this is one of the short comings the above plan
> > wants to fix.
> >
> > I'm a high school teacher and a bit preoccupied as project coordinator
> > for GNU Free Call for the time being, so I will probably not have time
> > to complete the missing features for some months.
>
> So, I got you wrong then :)

In what sense? My background or my spare time for adding features? :)

> In any case Fram might be useful for Sugar, and we can, at lease, start
> experimenting on -devel wiki instance.

One cool feature that is available, is to write a code block once and then use
several class names to include that block in different files. We use this in the
GNU SIP Witch configuration article. Rather than writing several articles with
different complete configurations, we can reuse those pieces that are alike and
create extra code blocks for different examples. To see an example of this, see
http://www.gnutelephony.org/index.php/GNU_SIP_Witch_configuration