[Systems] Pootle sudo access.

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Wed Feb 2 20:09:14 EST 2011

Hi.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com>wrote:

> Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Wed Feb 02 21:36:46 +0100 2011:
>
> > We would have to setup a source tree for Sugar with all the Dextrose
> > patches applied, so Pootle can find what it's looking for.
>
> I've just cloned the sugar and sugar-toolkit repositories for DX-3
> translations work:
>
> git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar/dextrose3-translations.git
> git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-toolkit/dextrose3-translations.git
>
> Because it's quite late already, I haven't pushed anything Dextrose
> specific yet. I will do that tomorrow, but in the meantime you can
> already set up Pootle accordingly.

I'm issuing this comand

sudo -u pootle python ./pootlepopulator.py dextrose3 git://
git.sugarlabs.org/sugar/dextrose3-translations.git sugar dextrose3

******** Cloning git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar/dextrose3-translations.git to
/var/lib/pootle/checkouts/dextrose3/sugar *********
Running git clone
git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar/dextrose3-translations.git/var/lib/pootle/checkouts/dextrose3/sugar

******** Switching to branch dextrose3 *********
Running  git checkout --track -b dextrose3 origin/dextrose3

Running git pull
Already up-to-date.

********* Git operation completed, moving to next stage ********
Error: Could not find PO file directory. Causes for this maybe non GNU
layout for PO files or incorrect GIT URL.

Are we still lacking a po structure?.

> > Such tree could very well come from Sascha's git repos. We can't give
> Pootle
> > access to the repository because it would choke the first time that
> > Sascha does a rebase.
>
> We don't need to do rebases. Because the repository is only used for
> interfacing with Pootle, we don't need to care about how ugly it is or
> whether the code is up-to-date or even correct. Whenever I need to
> update UI strings in a patch, I can either revert the previous patch
> (if that is easy enough) or just modify the strings manually and push
> only that small change to dextrose-3-translations.
>
> That's it.. as sacha says this is only for pootle interactions, everytime
something changes in the repo i only have to rescan the files on pootle side
and everything is updated.

 Cheers!