[Systems] permissions to edit sugar wiki

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Feb 1 23:16:56 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 23:34 -0200, anacim wrote:

> ( I am sending this request to you because its not a topic for the
> lists and didn t know where to ask. You must be pretty busy  )
>
> When i offered my volunteer time for english to spanish translation
> in IAEP last week
> ( I intend to focus on sugar floss manuals-- something i will do with
> an account in flossmanual as soon i finish this )  I  was asked ( by
> it s auhor in iaep )  to have a look first on this  google translator
> text:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Uso_de_TortugaArte_Sensores
>
> So i did, and found it was so bad that I decided to work on it.
> I ve started editing a copy of the html and sent Tony Forster the
> first edited file, but,  he asked me if I could edit directly the wiki
> and  I realized that I definitely couldnt.
>
> I looked at the
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved,
>  but I could not figure out how to be a wiki user.
>
> Sorry to ask,   it must be something pretty obvious...
>
> I am already  sugar member ( ana cichero mildwurf ) and user of
> activities.sugar
> ( http://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/user/1755 )
> I am also a ceibaljam member with drupal administrator permissions for
> my user (and never made any mess)
>
> Please tell me where/whom  to apply for wiki permissions  or whom to
> send edited html files.
>
> Muchos Saludos :)

Sorry, we had to disable new users' registrations because spammers were
abusing them to vandalize our wiki and we had no resources to fight them
effectively.

If you have an OpenID account somewhere else, you can use that:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Special:OpenIDLogin&returnto=Special:UserLogin

Otherwise, perhaps Frederick could re-enable user registration
temporarily for you.

Thanks for telling us!