[Systems] Sugar Labs+OpenQwaq VM

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 12 06:42:06 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 16:01 -0400, John Tierney wrote:
> I had a Skype call today with Adam, and Dr. Kevin Brooks Chair of
> English at NDSU and  there is the need to meet and discuss the
> technical needs and how Adam can work with Sugar Labs infrastructure
> to put this platform in place so we can test with Educators.
> (Sugar Labs providing a virtual server to build on? Adam supplying a
> virtual appliance that Sugar Labs can run on it's infrastructure?)

Greetings from Athens! As John said, I'll be traveling through Aug 17.
(Then, I'll be even busier catching up with things at work).

Usually Local Labs get a Mediawiki instance and email addresses. The
latter can be in the form of a Google Apps instance or simply
@sugarlabs.org aliases forwarding to personal email addresses.

For anything else you may need, the Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team can
provide virtual machines and managed hosting for common web
applications, such as Drupal and Wordpress. If you don't intend to spend
too much time on web presence, I recommend building a home page within
our wiki and simply point nsdu.sugarlabs.org to it.

For more information:

 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team/Resources

--
Bernie Innocenti