[Systems] Fwd: HELP!

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:53:09 EDT 2011

Hello,

On 8/3/11, Frederick Grose <fgrose at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> I've cleared the blocks.  Sorry for the inconveniences.
>
> Be sure to maintain a secure password on your account.  Perhaps in February
> 2010 someone managed to use you account to abuse the wiki.
>
> Thank you for your contributions!
>
>          --Fred

Thank you for the quick and courteous assistance, Fred.

I use a long and complicated password, resilient against brute force
attacks. I maintain excellent physical security of my Internet access
machines.

But it is also theoretically possible that the software on my machine
- or yours - has been subverted (e.g. via network attacks of unpatched
flaws, perhaps unknown to the software authors), or that your attack
monitoring system has a flaw.

In particular, if someone tried to steal my identity, I am curious to
learn all I can about it. He may want to harm me again, perhaps in a
venue far from Sugar Labs. Would it be a lot of work to copy me any
transaction logs which document the rationale for locking out my
userid from the Wiki?

Thanks again,
Ron