[Systems] JT, Mike: following today's IRC meeting, please help with Uruguay race microsite (register Wordpress blog)

Mike DeVine pixelshredder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:15:56 EDT 2011

Sorry, I was off the grid most of yesterday afternoon- but here's my input:

On Apr 13, 2011, at 11:22 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 21:42 -0400, JT Mengel wrote:
>> 1. Set up email blogging :: This was handled straight out of the
>> WP.com interface, I anticipate this will be a different kind of animal
>> on a private server.
>
> Done. But, posts still go into the Preview (Programada) status rather
> than Published (Publicada). We're working on it.
>
> We should not publish the email address to post new articles anywhere as
> it could be abused by spammers. Who should have it?
>

>> 2. New Banner / Theming :: This was not changed by myself but I am
>> certain this can happen through the admin settings without too much
>> trouble.
>
> Currently we only have one theme, the default one. Which one(s) shall we
> install?

Well one of the sticking points about the premium services/.org issue was that with a paid upgrade or a .org setup on our server, we can create a theme and template to apply to any future event sites we make on Wordpress. I was under the impression from last weekend's meeting that this was what you guys wanted, and was ready to make it until I realized our current free .com setup wouldn't support it. But it sounds like it's a moot point for the bike race site; should JT and I go ahead and put up a new wordpress.org on the Sugar site and get cracking on a microsite theme/template for it, so we'll be ready for future events?