[Systems] JT, Mike: following today's IRC meeting, please help with Uruguay race microsite (register Wordpress blog)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 13 23:22:34 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 21:42 -0400, JT Mengel wrote:
> 1. Set up email blogging :: This was handled straight out of the
> WP.com interface, I anticipate this will be a different kind of animal
> on a private server.

Done. But, posts still go into the Preview (Programada) status rather
than Published (Publicada). We're working on it.

We should not publish the email address to post new articles anywhere as
it could be abused by spammers. Who should have it?

> 2. New Banner / Theming :: This was not changed by myself but I am
> certain this can happen through the admin settings without too much
> trouble.

Currently we only have one theme, the default one. Which one(s) shall we
install?

> 3. Spanish as the default language :: earlier I learned that the
> feature I utilized to easily change the site's default lang. from
> English to Spanish is only available in WP.com - new solution will
> likely be a multilingual Plugin we install on the SL.org server.

Ok, we figured this part out.
--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team