[Systems] SugarLabs Micro Site

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 13 20:49:30 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 17:07 -0400, JT Mengel wrote:
> To Dogi and Bernie, we have decided that we don't need a WordPress
> hosted on the server so no need to install it.

Too late, I've already set it up :-)

You can admire it from here:

  http://vueltaciclista.sugarlabs.org

And configure it from here:

  http://vueltaciclista.sugarlabs.org/wp-admin/

I'll send you the admin password privately.

It was just a 20 minutes job... If you still prefer to use the wordpress
instance hosted by wordpress.com, I can throw this away and repoint the
DNS.

> Instead we just need 2 cbhanges to the website; when completed, reach
> out to John at (248) 613-7392 or his email to make payment to
> WordPress for domain forwarding.
>
> The changes to the sugarLabs site:
>
> 1. Forwarding traffic FROM sugarLabs.org/vueltaciclista TO
> vueltaciclista.sugarLabs.org

Done.

> 2. Setting up the name servers for forwarding.  The quote directly
> from the site is :
>         You must make some changes to your domain before we can
>         continue. (sorry about the technical jargon!) The preferred
>         method is to use the tools provided by your registrar to add a
>         CNAME record. It should look like this:
>
>         vueltaciclista 14400 IN CNAME vueltaciclista.wordpress.com.

I'll wait for your final decision before making this change.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer to retain full control over all code and
data. It might not matter that much in this case, since vueltaciclista
is supposed to be a short lived site anyway.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team