[Systems] not getting mail at sdaly at sugarlabs.org since today :-(

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 5 11:16:53 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 16:52 +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> Bernie - I understand the rationale, but unless I'm mistaken the last
> mail I had from you said webmail would stay up after all. All I'm
> saying is, consider sending a mail before cutting off service.

Since it's free, we could keep the Google Apps account running
indefinitely. However, as long there are users using the service, from
time to time we'll get support requests from them. As a matter of
professionality, I'd rather declare a service as unsupported than
disappointing users with a sloppy service level.

> there were no bounces, my mails went into a black hole which has me
> worried, and that is happening with pr at sugarlabs.org too

I've just sent a probe. Did you get it?

> I have set up yet another webmail OK, but still no idea how to migrate
> 350+ Mb of sent/received mail, which if I lose will really be
> catastrophic
>
> help please!

I'll try to assist, but I'm no expert of GMail because I've never used
it myself :-(

See my other message for an idea of how it could be done. Perhaps there
are better ways.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team