[Systems] Buildfarm

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 15 20:56:54 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 08:20:25PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Wed Sep 15 16:08:37 +0200 2010:
> > > I don't particularly care where the buildbots are running. In the long
> > > run we should move to chroots anyway, to make sure we got the
> > > dependencies right.
> >
> > I do agree. Aleksey says that chroots for several distros could come for
> > free out of bazaar (our OpenSuSE Build Service instance).
>
> I don't think they're going to be particularly useful. To me, the
> buildbots are testing not only Sugar, but also sugar-jhbuild.

In long running perspective bazaar.sl.o is successor of jhbuid (in one
of bazaar use cases). In my mind people use jhbuild to:

 * test/use recent sugar
 * build dependencies of recent sugar that are not yet packaged
 * develop component they are building (glucose, to run fructose there
   is no need in jhbuild, just code activities in ~/Activities)

The first two point will be solved after setting up bazaar.sl.o (this +
next weeks). The 3rd point is a task for net stages of 0sugar
implementation, i.e., convenient running of the code you are developing
right now is important thing for sugar(imho). For example activities
could be used right now, from its development environment
(~/Activities). 0sugar will follow this scheme for all 0sugar package,
not only for activities.

--
Aleksey