[Systems] Pootle Spam

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 00:33:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Chris Leonard
<cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I believe we are seeing our first linkspam attack on Pootle.
>
> This user:
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/accounts/frannyberry/
>
> frannyberry at writeme.com

We see more attacks from another spammer
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/accounts/frannyberry/ who have
submitted suggestions to Japanese project like following:
------
j6fJvn <a href="ht()t()p://incqaoqkbolc.com/">incqaoqkbolc</a>,
[url=http://cvklxnuktpqn.com/]cvklxnuktpqn[/url],
[link=http://qkbcdfhfsxgz.com/]qkbcdfhfsxgz[/link],
http://voiyqhiubitl.com/

Mb1uIL <a href="http://qftftwladgft.com/">qftftwladgft</a>,
[url=http://mgohccaavslc.com/]mgohccaavslc[/url],
[link=http://dmcuplsreuyk.com/]dmcuplsreuyk[/link],
http://jdrntpomsmik.com/

5Xs8Ei <a href="http://skxftizgrors.com/">skxftizgrors</a>,
[url=http://xkhiisxrspat.com/]xkhiisxrspat[/url],
[link=http://xrvxmsssuwem.com/]xrvxmsssuwem[/link],
http://khudbzdldzhy.com/
------

> Pootle does not give a convenient contributions and rollback capability like
> MediaWiki.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how we should handle this?  As
> a pootle admin, I can delete this account, but I am concerned it might just
> come back under a new name, so I haven't done that yet.  The priv to submit
> is not always granted on every project, it is basically up to the language
> admins.

I as Japanese admin grant no priv to the spammer, but that couldn't
prevent vandal by suggestion, though I can review every contribution
and reject wrong ones.

/korakurider