[Systems] Load on treehouse

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Oct 7 05:22:26 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 20:52 -0400, Munin wrote:
> sugarlabs.org :: treehouse.sugarlabs.org :: Load average
> 	WARNINGs: load is 21.10 (outside range [:12]).

I used "atop -r /var/log/atop.log" to investigate this case.

Around thetime this email was sent, there was not really much going on
on treehouse. aslo-web was eating up 40% cpu time, as it often does.
There was not much disk I/O and load reported by atop was "just" 9.

So, is this a bug in Munin or maybe the 10minute sampling rate of atop
is too coarse to detect this particular burst of activity? To find out,
I temporarily increased the sampling rate.