[Systems] [Systems-logs] [DNS] Sugar Labs DNS zone data branch, master, updated. 8473f885e34fed4f9332df9a7a94783264126b66

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Nov 11 18:40:37 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 10:08 +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from bernie's message of Sun Nov 07 05:36:47 +0100 2010:
>
> >     Remove zone format conversion scripts
>
> So we have definitely given up on using tinydns format for maintaining
> (!= using tinydns for serving) our domains?

I don't feel that djb's zone format is so much nicer to work with,
particularly in conjunction with the new record types.

I would rather enhance our scripts to bump the serial number
automatically. Generating the PTR records automatically may also be
desirable... but I wouldn't bother.

BTW, the reason for removing the scripts from git is that we already
have a second copy in /etc/bind/bin which made git barf a bunch of
errors on every checkout.

I'm not opposed to keeping the conversion scripts in our repository if
one of the other zones we host want to switch to djb's format.