[Systems] [SOLVED] VM lockup with 100% CPU usage

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Nov 5 14:35:16 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 10:58 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Sascha,
>
> we don't seem to have this problem any more, but a workaround that seems
> to work is passing "clock=pmtmr" to the kernel.

Haha, it has *just* happened to jita! It started using 200% cpu for
extended periods of time. I'm not sure it's the same issue, though,
because the machine is not hung and it is indeed doing some work (though
not enough to justify such a high load.

I added the "clock=pmtmr" setting to the kernel command line. Aleksey,
can you reboot when you're done?