[Systems] aslo cluster progress

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Mar 13 21:09:34 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 13:39 -0600, David Farning wrote:

> I haven't turned the web node on treehouse back on since
> it crashed last week.  All of the traffic is still going
> through sunjammer again.

Oh yeah... We still don't know what caused it?

Maybe we could leave a few cpuburn processes running for a while to see
if heating could trigger the crash again.

> > I'm very glad the load on Sunjammer is lower than before. Do you think
> > we may need to setup one more web node on housetree?
>
> We never exceeded 1/4 of the available cpu on housetree while
> sending 99% of the php traffic to the web-node.
> If we let sunjammer carry part of the load we can handle 6 times
> the current load with the existing setup.

Great.

> My concern is the networking on treehouse.  When treehouse
> hung last week and when it kept crashing last fall it always
> seemed to happen while under heavy network usage.

Good point. Now we're running a new kernel on the host. I might
run some network stress tests to see if we could still trigger it.

> > For NFS, I might configure a VPN or something like that.
>
> If it is not to hard, it is worth trying....

I'll give it a try. We don't really need anything fancy, just a
point-to-point tunnel offering a bit of protection against spoofing.

> The confusing part is that I had to call both the proxy and
> the individual apaches vhosts activities.sl.o.  This was
> required by the session authorization in aslo.

Ah, now I see! The same virtualhost block does both functions, proxy and
actual node... based on the IP address being matched.

I think we should also add sunjammer's IPv6 address.