[Systems] [support.osuosl.org #10739] git.sugarlabs.org: Gitorious upgrade

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 13 16:47:38 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 22:50 +0000, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:
> On Fri Jan 08 08:31:21 2010, bernie at codewiz.org wrote:
> > We'd like to upgrade to the latest version of Gitorious, which alos
> > requires a newer version of Rails.
>
> What other requirements does it need?

A bunch of Ruby modules, all of which should be installable with gem.

> > To reduce downtime, we may proceed by installing the updated rails
> > packages in the home of user gitorious-dev and perform most of the
> > work there.
>
> Just for testing? Thats ok with me.

Thanks. I'd just need some help getting started because I couldn't
figure out how to get our version of gem to install packages in the
user's home directory.

> > I'm available to assist with this work every day, until Jan 12.
>
> We're pretty busy this week and next so I'll have to schedule a time to
> do this. I'd like to also switch your VM to using Ruby Enterprise with
> mod_rails instead of what we're currently doing. That will align with
> other rails setups we currently have.
>
> Let me get back to you once we have a chance to work on this.

I'm currently traveling to Paraguay. Not sure when I'll be online again.
Meanwhile, if you happen to have time to work on this, you could
coordinate with Luke Faraone (lfaraone on #sugar, and also on cc).