[Systems] [Fwd: Re: Sugar Labs hosting at RIT]

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Wed Jan 13 16:06:06 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>>> We would also need a few more globally accessible IPs for the
>>> virtual
>> This is not likely to happen. I can't guarantee more then a
>> small handful of IP addresses.  My initial impression was
>> that you would require only two or three.
>
> Me bad. Our initial thought was to move over there just
> activities.sugarlabs.org, for which one public IPv4 address would have
> been sufficient.
>
> I'll talk with the other admins to find out how much we want to rely
> on separate virtual machines (and thus separate IPs) for the other
> services.

I'm not up to date on what services are going to RIT, but in most
cases you can have a bunch of VMs on a link-local network, and expose
different ports of different ones via front-end VM(s) with either
iptables or more sophisticated load-balancing software (that may also
allow different VMs to be used for the same port based on CNAMEs).

--
Daniel JB Clark | http://pobox.com/~dclark