[Systems] Trac 0.11.5 => 0.11.6

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jan 10 17:16:43 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 13:23 -0800, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> > Ivan seems to have fixed this already. Solarsail now has r7163 of
> > TracAccountManager.
>
> The upgrade was incidental; that wasn't the problem. The breakage
> resulted from a change in the Trac codebase.t

Indeed, I've now caught up with the irc backlog. Perhaps the Trac folks
may want to updatr the 0.11.5 -> 0.11.6 installation notes to avoid this
pitfall.

Regarding 0.12, I still have no idea how authentication against the
local user database is supposed to work. Switching to http basic (or
digest) authentication sounds like a good step in the direction of
shaing authentication info among multiple web apps, but there should
also be a way to keep using the old internal users' database.

Perhaps I'm missing something, or perhaps this is why 0.12 part of the
reason why has not yet been released.