[Systems] (fwd) Proposal for Spain and Europe mirror

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 9 08:48:50 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 00:55, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 14:02 -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
>> It  would be nice to point Jose to the documentation
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team/Content_Delivery_Network
>>
>> Although it needs more explanation about how to set the mirror..
>
> Thank you very much for the offer, Jose.
>
> We do already have 2 mirrors in Europe thanks to Marten, but a third one
> will certainly not hurt. If we could find a good contact, we'd need to
> setup one or more mirrors for Latin America, which is where most traffic
> originates from.
>
> Basically, all you need to do is setup a cronjob that leaches everything
> from rsync://download.sugarlabs.org/pub/ at regular intervals (6 hours
> or even more often). When you're done, tell me what the URL is and I'll
> add it to mirmon and mirrorbrain.

If someone writes a wiki page with the commands that need to be
executed in debian and/or fedora, I will pass it to my contacts at LA.

Also, is there a single location in LA that is well connected to most
of the rest of the region? Or do we need mirrors in every country that
has strong Sugar usage?

Regards,

Tomeu

> I do not know all the details myself. David or Marten may be able to
> provide additional advice or expand the documentation in the wiki as
> needed.
>
> Marten, would you like to share your current mirror script and perhaps
> attach it to the wiki page?
>
> --
>   // Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
>  \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://sugarlabs.org/