[Systems] (fwd) Proposal for Spain and Europe mirror

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 8 18:55:38 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 14:02 -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> It  would be nice to point Jose to the documentation
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team/Content_Delivery_Network
>
> Although it needs more explanation about how to set the mirror..

Thank you very much for the offer, Jose.

We do already have 2 mirrors in Europe thanks to Marten, but a third one
will certainly not hurt. If we could find a good contact, we'd need to
setup one or more mirrors for Latin America, which is where most traffic
originates from.

Basically, all you need to do is setup a cronjob that leaches everything
from rsync://download.sugarlabs.org/pub/ at regular intervals (6 hours
or even more often). When you're done, tell me what the URL is and I'll
add it to mirmon and mirrorbrain.

I do not know all the details myself. David or Marten may be able to
provide additional advice or expand the documentation in the wiki as
needed.

Marten, would you like to share your current mirror script and perhaps
attach it to the wiki page?