[Systems] lightwave.sugarlabs.org: new VM for master nameserver

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 8 00:51:34 EST 2010

Today dogi and I installed a new VM on treehouse which is
intended to run only naming and authentication services.

Lightwave will be serving as the primary DNS for the following zones:

 codewiz.org
 ole-nepal.org
 olenepal.org
 pustakalaya.org
 somosazucar.com
 somosazucar.net
 somosazucar.org
 sugarlabs.net
 sugarlabs.org

Owners of the above domains should update their WHOIS records to include
at least the following three nameservers:

  ns1.sugarlabs.org  (140.186.70.102,  2002:8cba:4666::1)
  ns2.sugarlabs.org  (140.186.70.53,   2002:8cba:4635::1)
  ns1.develer.com    (83.149.158.210,  2002:5395:9ed2::1)

Note that ns1.sugarlabs.org previously had a different IP. Also note
that ns1.codewiz.org has been replaced by ns1.develer.com because I
intend to switch the IP address of ns1.codewiz.org in he near future.

The sugarlabs.org and sugarlabs.net zones are also using three
authoritative nameservers provided by the Open Source Labs, which may
become less relevant once we'll have consolidated the current plan.

Domain resolution should keep working seamlessly during the entire
transition. However, as an additional precaution, ns1.develer.com (aka
trinity) will still operate as our master nameserver for a few more
days.